Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

ATR72 will be joint McPhat/Aerosoft project

Well, this is interesting. The ATR 72 for X-Plane by McPhat will apparently be a joint project with Aerosoft.Official announcement here, with some early developoment images.

Ah - well, there's my lack of X-Plane experience showing. Thanks for the link. The development of the physical model doesn't seem to have moved forward between then and now. Is Aerosoft's entry into the project a way of getting it moving again?

I read it as: MacPhat is not only new to X-Plane, but to making full-featured planes, too. They'll benefit from the marketing efforts that aerosoft put in X-Plane 10 and generally will have more exposure. I do not think aerosoft actively develop on the plane. The feature list doesn't read so. Nothing that hasn't been worked on yet, as far as I can see - e.g., it will feature the default FMS only. I think it took more time because the developers surely have done some stuff from scratch after they joined MacPhat.But that's all guessing.Looking forward to this one (for me one of the most anticipated planes besides Gorans Saab, the new Beaver, and hopefully Carenados C208).P.S.: development thread at MacPhats:http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=94&func=view&catid=67&id=22599#22599

Edited by woweezowee

I read it as: MacPhat is not only new to X-Plane, but to making full-featured planes, too. They'll benefit from the marketing efforts that aerosoft put in X-Plane 10 and generally will have more exposure. I do not think aerosoft actively develop on the plane. The feature list doesn't read so. Nothing that hasn't been worked on yet, as far as I can see - e.g., it will feature the default FMS only. I think it took more time because the developers surely have done some stuff from scratch after they joined MacPhat.But that's all guessing.
Perhaps I can enlighten some of the things you said... ;)The reason why we went with Aerosoft instead of some of the more (in X-Plane land that is) known publishers is because Aerosoft is focussing big time on X-Plane. We spoke with some of the others, had some really pleasant conversations, especially with Cameron from X-Aviation, who really took the time to feel welcome to a new (for us) sim.At the moment, I am spending more time on updating our social media outlets (FB, G+, Twitter), doing videos, making screenshots, sending out newsletters, basically promoting our little outfit, than I am focussing on what I like doing best: Textures.We feel that Aerosoft with it's massive online presence will take away much of those tasks, giving us more time to develop and spend less time on overhead.This is by the way the same reason the ATR-72 was brought to us. The developers want to do what they like doing best and that is make 3D models, not worry about manuals, promotion, flight dynamics, sound. programming and what not.The reason why it is 'taking so long' is indeed because some of the development had to be done from scratch to match our standards, mostly texture wise we're bringing it up to what people are used to from our FSX textures.So yeah, you weren't far of with your guess work.. Not far at all... ;)All the best!Terrence