Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

NAVx, COMx etc.

Hi,I would like to update my Captain Sim 767 Profile regarding the use of NAV2.How can I read the value of the MCP Display for example NAV2 active and standby?My problem:Whenever I try to use NAV2 with CS767 and I toggle the value at the MCP this value will be overwritten by "the plane". I am able to write a frequency to an LVAR. Therefore I would like to read the standy frequency to the LVAR whenever I toggle NAV2.Any ideas?

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

If I understand you correct... You can write a function and assing it in GUI at RADIOS block -> NAVs -> Select 1 / Select 2 -- so the function will be called when user switches to NAV1 or NAV2.Also you can use global LINDA variable "nav_sel" which contains the current NAV 1 or 2 is selected."nav_sel" value could be 1 or 2

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Thank you for your fast reply.But I would like to read the value of NAV2 Standby meens:NAV2111.40___110.45________^^^^^^^^^^I would like to read this value (110.45) of the display to write it into a LVAR.Is there any documentation regarding all global functions?

Edited by Capt. PERO

Sorry, but no, there is no docs on LINDA internals. But you can take a look into common.lua script which contains most of system functions.I.e. when you press NAV on your MCP the function called is Default_NAV_select () and then, depending on current NAV selected, two other functions could be called: Default_NAV_1_init () or Default_NAV_2_init (). And you can examine them on what variables are available there. Not all of them are global, but...And in your case (I'm not sure if it will work for you) but why not to read the desired value right from corresponding FSUIPC offset?ipc.readUW(0x311E) --> standby freq for NAV1ipc.readUW(0x3120) --> standby freq for NAV2

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Thank you - it was quite helpful.Now the timer monitors NAV2 whenever it changes!Is it possible to use the SWAP function within NAV?I tryed out but I just can use it with transponder...Meens:Now the timer watches, if I change NAV2 standby at the MCP and it writes the value into my LVAR. That works fine. Normaly it should switch just when I press the SWAP button (like in normal use). I have no access to SWAP within the NAV section.

Edited by Capt. PERO

By default swap button for NAV section is not assignable in LINDA GUI.. I can't remember, why this decision was made. But you can edit the config-mcp2.lua file and assign what you want manually:

["NAV1 Swap"] = empty  ,["NAV2 Swap"] = empty  ,

Replace "empty" with your function name. I suppose it will be the same name for both of "empty", and don't miss the comma.Bad thing is that these lines will be overwritten each time you save config from GUI. :(

Edited by crum

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

By default swap button for NAV section is not assignable in LINDA GUI.. I can't remember, why this decision was made.
I tryed it and I might know the reason. If you set any action to this switch, the value you've set will be automaticly changed. I think it is a problem of the hardcoded parts of my MCP 1. ;O)I switched back to my "timer" function. Whenever I change the NAV2 Standby, the timer monitors this and will change my value. I am fine with this...Hope I can update the Captain Sim 767 profile soon.