Sign in to follow this  
trentallen

Lost ATC Airline callout names

When using FS9 I get ATC transmit showing United, Delta, Continental, etc (visual/audio) as examples, and have worked just great. All of a sudden they went away and now I just get "Boeing" transmit for each airliner? Thanks for any help and would really be appreciated. TA

To check what ai is present get traffic look from this link:http://forum.simflig...ional-programs/and install FSUIPC3 if you do not have it from this link, first the base and then the interim. You will not need to register it to run the free traffic look app.Install traffic look in a separate folder. Start FS with an a flight loaded or created with an aircraft parked at a busy airport preferably with that airport as a departure in a flight plan you have. Start trafficlook.exe. You can alt-tab to traffic look and back to FS as necessary or if in a dual monitor setup put traffic look on the second monitor. See after a while what traffic is being reported in Traffic Look's table. Look at the airline code and/or flight number to see how it is being reported. Look at the line for the user aircraft as well.I have not used FS9's ATC for a long time so I don't recall options there. Using traffic look's information will validate the ai showing up. If it does not show up coreectly then you might have a flight plan problem or ai aircraft installation problem.What is the source of your ai?

Edited by ronzie

When using FS9 I get ATC transmit showing United, Delta, Continental, etc (visual/audio) as examples, and have worked just great. All of a sudden they went away and now I just get "Boeing" transmit for each airliner? Thanks for any help and would really be appreciated. TA
HelloInside your main FS9 folder amongst all the files,folders and CFGs there is a NOTEPAD cfg file labelled 'airlines' this contains the airline names that are spoken by ATC I believe there are more comprehensive versions you can download.Alternatively if you download 'EDITVOICEPAK' ,i believe that comes with an amended and extended 'airlines cfg ' as wellEP a useful prog to have anyway.Can also speed up the default funereal ATC speech delivery as well.AndyI may not be hundred percent percent with this info ,if not ,I am sure someone will correct me.Its something along these lines I am sure.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

If it is your user aircraft not giving you callsigns then you need to check the aircraft.cfg for each. If you installed liveries the flightsim section should indicate the airline code as:atc_id=N123XX (tail number)atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=LLOYDAERO atc_flight_number=1000. . .atc_heavy=0atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=LLBIf FS doesn't have the airline then it will speak the manufacturer and tail number I believe.

Thx for the recomendations....add on aircraft are Dreamfleet and QualityWings. Thx again TA