Sign in to follow this  
henryccrider

cfg file in 747-400X

can anyone tell me why i can't install a delta livery. I have fsx with acceleration, windows 7, and i follow the instructions when placing the delta into the ac cfg file but after p,lacing in the cfg file it says do you want to save changes and i click yes and a window comes up and says access denied. I turned off my user account control, same thing, i logged onto notepad as administrator same thing i checked to make sure the file was accurate and i even had a delta re[paint in the cfg that would not show up in fsx free flights aircraft page even though it is in the cfg file. I'm beginning to think conspiracy. I'm apparently not doing something right. I edit the cfg file and i put the texture file in the ac folder but it wont let me save the changes to the cfg file. Is PMDG responsible for this not saving the changes to the cfg file?..Henry Murray Laurel Delaware USA

can anyone tell me why i can't install a delta livery. I have fsx with acceleration, windows 7, and i follow the instructions when placing the delta into the ac cfg file but after p,lacing in the cfg file it says do you want to save changes and i click yes and a window comes up and says access denied. I turned off my user account control, same thing, i logged onto notepad as administrator same thing i checked to make sure the file was accurate and i even had a delta re[paint in the cfg that would not show up in fsx free flights aircraft page even though it is in the cfg file. I'm beginning to think conspiracy. I'm apparently not doing something right. I edit the cfg file and i put the texture file in the ac folder but it wont let me save the changes to the cfg file. Is PMDG responsible for this not saving the changes to the cfg file?..Henry Murray Laurel Delaware USA
make sure its not set to read only

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

how can i tell if its set to read only, and if it is is there anything i can do about it ? I edited another cfg file and put the texture file in the airplane folder and I turned off my user access control and it saved the edited cfg but the repaint did not show up in fsx free flight page where you select your airplane from. The texture folder does go in the airplane folder doesn't it?i forgot to sign my post about the cfg file..henry murray

HiMove your cfg file outside of the program86 file(back on to the main desktop screen), save it then move it back

User Account Control (disable) will accomplish the same thing, as far as permitting cfg file additions changes etc- dont reinvent the wheel when it is already here :)