Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Captain SIM 767 What does the LDG ATL Does ?

Hey i always notice that in the overhead panel i see LDG ALT which means Landing Altitude or something . What does this do ? I mean sometime when you are in an ILS approach an the aircraft is about like 200 to land an the speed is 135knots full flaps extended some time it seem if like the airplane nose is dropping an the front wheel will be the first to hit the ground, in which we all know that will be a crash landing. So i was thinking does that Setting LDG ATL in Captain SIM 767 does it play a mayor role in landing does it help the aircraft make that little flare in which the nose its pitch up a little to make a soft smooth landing? An if it does what will be best the higher the number is the more time the aircraft have to pitch the nose up . Because for some reason i landing at this airport with the LDG ATL set on 18 an before the aircraft hit the runway it was like it had a mine of its own . The aircraft itself put the throttle to IDL an you could feel the aircraft like kind of landing itself like how its done. I was impress that i took the autopilot off at 100 feet an landing speed was 130 knots or less . So what mayor role does the LDG ALT plays when it comes to landing in ILS Landing?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Landing Alt on the Overhead is used by the pressure control to calculatethe cabin rate of descent.Has nothing to do with anything you mention.Landing speed of 130 KIAS seems a wee bit slow for a 767 but I might be wrong.

Guest jahman
Landing speed of 130 KIAS seems a wee bit slow for a 767 but I might be wrong.
Vref depends on landing weight. For alightly loadad aircraft (don't have the specifics of the 767, Vref could be as low as 130 KN or even lower.Cheers,- jahman.

Ok the 130KIAS was suggested by the CDU depending on the weight it carried an the fuel from a long flight. So the less fuel the lighter the landing. I think the fuel was in 40% or something can't remember but maybe that might be the reason why the plane landed smoothly . When it was in the air like about 1000FT the speed was 145KIAS with full flap so as it was getting closer to the runway i took autothrottle about 200 feet before it hit the runway. Pitch the nose up a little an as i watch the replay of the landing . It stated that i landing about 130 an bearly had to use reverse thrust because the runway was kind of big. Plus it was in extreme weather condition . Didn't think i would make it because i could bearly see the runway it was foggy . I just try to fallow what my instrument an they lead me to the runway . In a perfect landing

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Ok i will have to see on that. I like the 767 because of all you can do while you fly. For example walking in the cabin an stuff. Some times it can get kind of boring when you are in long flight an you can do nothing else but watch your instrument. Its fun when you can explore inside the aircraft an stuff . Cheers ,

Mr Leny