Sign in to follow this  
Mikrco

Even if it was just an R-22

I'm pleased with the potential I see in MS Flight and look forward it's official release. With Hawaii (Big Island) as the start point for it's launch with the full islands available as DLC it would have been nice to have a helicopter available as DLC at the start. The classic Bell 206 would have been nice, but even an R-22 would do. Being aimed at bringing in new simmers in is fine but I think MS missed the boat by ignoring a large portion of our community.In the real world choppers are used extensively in the islands so it's puzzling to me why they have been left out at the start. I realize that in terms of "new simmers" a chopper may pose some problems flying if your using only a mouse so not including it in the core package makes sense. As DLC on day one a chopper would have been a much better choice than a VC-less P-51 IMO.Just think MS dropped the ball here.

Just think MS dropped the ball here
That is a good point. When you think of flying around Hawaii, helicopters have to be at the top of the list. Probably too complicated for the intended market- "cyclic what?". MS dropped the whole world! :(

In the real world choppers are used extensively in the islands so it's puzzling to me why they have been left out at the start.
Don't imagine the skies over Hawaii are too busy with Icons, Kaydets or Mustangs either... Flight isn't about real world aviation so I wouldn't be too puzzled.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.