Sign in to follow this  
lykon

Landing pitch problem

Hello guys i need some help in order to fix an issue i have. I have create an a320 based on the ifdg a320 using the airwrench program. The aircraft is flying well in all the parts of the flight except for the landing.There for example when i am in full configuration ( full flaps extended and gear down ) and i have about 4 tones of fuel and about of 18 tones of payload and my zfw is 61 tones my status are as follows.When in outer marker i must maintain a speed of 155-160 knots and a pitch of 5-7 degrees so i can have a vs of -700 feet. In reality in the same conditions they have a speed of about 135 knots and a pitch of about 2.5 degrees to maintain a vs of about -700 feet with the same loading so i must have done something wrong with the .air file. Can someone please help me identify which tables of the .air file are responcible for this issue so i can fix it? Many thanks in advance.

I'm just learning this stuff too, so, YMMVI think that if it flies properly without flaps/slats you can tweak/tune the aircraft.cfg [Flaps.X] sections for the lift/drag characteristics you want when they are deployed.Adding overall lift; aircraft.cfg [flight_tuning] cruise_lift_scalar= may help reduce necessary speed, but too much can have adverse effects on cruise pitch.In the *.air file;Record 401 "CL0" is the total lift vs speed scalar, but, I found that low speed lift can be greatly affected by Record 404 "CL vs Alpha" if at high AoA.Record 1101 Prmary Aerodynamics "CL_df-Flaps" & "Cd_df Drag Coefficient-Flaps" are the flap's Lift/Drag scalars....Don

Hello Don, i have checked aircraft.cfg in the [Flaps] section and i saw these commands :lift_scalar =1.000drag_scalar=1.000I have reduce these two commands to :lift_scalar =0.500drag_scalar=0.500and now it is working perfect. May many thanks for your help! I need your help in a last issue. I need to estimate the correct value in the record 1101 in the pitch section the " Cm_dt Pitch Moment - Trim ". The description of this value as it comes from the " AircraftAirfileManager " is this :Per RadianMaximum Cm_t = Cm_dt * Max_Defl(rad) Sec 320Each 'click' of KB pitch trim is 1/1024 RangeAffects Autopilot Altitude Hold. See SEC 1199 #14Do you know how i can estimate this?Many thanks in advance.

"Maximum Cm_t = Cm_dt * Max_Defl(rad), Each 'click' of KB pitch trim is 1/1024 Range" has me confused also.When I did the B1, I made very small incremental changes + & -, until I hit a sweet spot.It will make the AP Alt Hold, seek and porpoise the plane, if you get too far out of range.Also, it seems that the aircraft.cfg "elevator_trim_effectiveness=" has a similar trim damping effect.Sorry, I can't be of more help...Don