Sign in to follow this  
MikeSchmitt

Unable to Save Key Setting in 747X model

I have re-installed the 747-400X version onto my upgraded system. So far most of my other payware aircraft from other makers seems to have installed and work properly since upgrading my computer from XP to Win7 64bit. Problem, I seem to be having trouble assigning keys to items like AP diconnect, Doors and such using the ADDONs/ PMDG Keyboard Commands. I can assign them fine and all but it seems they do not save when i shut the sim down. I have also notice that none of the Options save while the sim is running at all. I can op ope hte Options tab and check everything I want then close it and they are back to how they were, unchecked. I do not see any apply or save options here so I am at al loss as to what am I missing here???? Any Help would be most apprieciative.I miss the wiki help page you all established when this came out many moons ago, tried finding it and it is no longer. Heped me alot the first time I loaded this on XP, especially with additional stuff that was needed, like fsx.cfg settings and such. Is this info available elsewhere now?

Likely a UAC (user account control) issue with windows. I typically turn UAC off, however there are a couple of tutorials that can be found on AVSIM for assigning administrator control to the FSX folder.

Ok I will try to figure this out. I am trying to learn WIN7 and not sure how to to do this yet. I guess that's the fun in using a new OS. Is this the same as starting FSX by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" or is this different?

Running FSX as administrator will not cut it. If you are new to Windows 7, there are a couple of things that you should know. First UAC is intended to keep any programs from installing without your knowledge, therefore, it has its good parts. I have often found my self more annoyed by it than anything else which is why I disabled it. The second thing that you should be aware of is that it is best to install FSX in a location other than the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder. This bypasses another malicious software protection function in FSX. A separate drive is even better if you have it.

Edited by sheepfu

Turning off UAC is unnecessary. Simply give your FSX folder admin privileges. Go to where your FSX folder is stored (likely "Program FilesMicrosoft Games"). Right click it and go into Properties. Go to the Security tab and press edit. Grant yourself and the SYSTEM "Full Control". It should now work.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Attempt to perform this Security function here resulted in NO CHANGE to PMDG- STILL HAVE NO ACCESS TO CHANGING CONTENTS OF ANY FILES/ ALTERATIONS-Are you SURE you know what you are talking about?????Thx

User Account control DOES prevent alterations of things, Have Disabled it here, and Aircraft.cfg can now be rewritten as need to add texture info, etc-SO..... Who is giving this advice here, and HOW do they know??? Obviously NOT!!!Thanks