Sign in to follow this  
TiggCJ

What does the NAV button do?

Hi.

For airport diagrams and terminal procedures in the USA start here:

http://aeronav.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=aeronav/applications/d_tpp

Half way down the page click on:

then on Washington State (there's a link to the legends for the diagrams towards the bottom of the page):

...then fill in the info and click on 'Complete Search'. All you need is the airport name and there's a drop-down selection for that.

For a VOR/DME approach to runway 16L you'll find the following information at the bottom of the chart:

Decision altitude is above mean sea level and DECISION HEIGHT is above the threshold elevation, hence the difference of 433 feet between the two (the touchdown zone is 433 feet above sea level on 16L at Seattle).

To forestall your next question, the 24, as in 960/24 is the Runway Visual Range. That's the distance you have to be able to see at your decision point in order to make a safe landing. It's in 100's of feet and given that there are 5280 feet in a mile it's near-as-dammit half a mile. The numbers in brackets are for military use- ignore them.

Regards,

D

Hi Dave,

Thank you for that, I'll have a look at them and try and memorise things. I've noticed on the page for Tacoma Narrows that it has information for McChord AFB (at the bottom), would that be because it's the nearest VOR2 airport?

Once again thanks!

TiggCJ

Sorry Dave,

It was ILS RWY 17 on that list!

Hope that helps,

TiggCJ

Hi,

I think that website (FAA) is quite brilliant! Thanks! Just one question, if you know, it says on the first page from the link that it ends on 3rd May 2012, will it be updated or something again after that?

Thanks,

TiggCJ

Hi.

Yes. All the charts are revised monthly-- you'll notice that the current lot are effective from 05 April. Since FU3 was made back around 2000 - 2003 the game is out of date and won't always match the charts. The differences are usually minor in gaming terms. However, take a look at the current Seattle-Tacoma Airport Diagram and count the runways.

Cheers,

D

Hi Dave,

Thanks! So was SEA's third runway built in the last ten years or so?

And about the TCM info on ILS RWY 17 for TIW, why is that?

Cheers,

TiggCJ

Hi.

I don't know when the third runway went in. I expect the info's around on the net, some pictures too, most likely.

On the FAA site I still see Tacoma Narrows:

Cheers,

D

Hi Dave,

Sorry for late reply, hectic busy!

I know all the pages have probably changed now since it's after the 3rd May, but I think the McChord VOR was on the bottom of that page.

Hope this helps...

TiggCJ