Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Pause at Free Flight Menu

Hey all-I have a peculiar problem that I can't really pin down. I am running FSX nicely on my SB 2600k @ 4.6 / 570 GTX. The problem I have is when I start FSX and get to the free flight screen, when I go to change plane type / time or airport, after I click the desired plane/time I get a long pause - usually 1 minute or so and then all is back to normal. The plane is spinning and I am ready to Fly Now. Everything from that point forward is snappy and good.I can't figure out what is causing that pause. Sometimes it can be up to 2 minutes.Now, I do have a ton of planes all ORBX sceneries etc, but I can't imagine this would be the root of the problem unless it just takes that long to intialize my selection.I don't think DisableProLoad will do anything but I might give it a try. The problem with that is I get CTDs with that turned off + FSInn/FSCoPilot. Any one else experience this "pause" during free flight selections?Bman.

Benjamin Van Eps

Guest jahman
I do have a ton of planes
That's the problem. I have lots of planes too: I have the same problem!I can't guarantee any results, but I would bet an SSD would significantly shorten the plane add-on load time. As a guide, other simmers report an SSD shortens scenery load times by 10x vs. a HDD.Personally, I would live with the 1-2 minute delay: Minor annoyance!Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Add the line DisablePreload=1 under the [Main] heading in your FSX config that solved it for me

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Yeah, I had a SSD (Samsung 256 GB) - awesome drive. It makes all my other machine seem ancient. I will add the preload again. As noted in the OP, FSInn was causing me grief with that active.We'll see how it goes.Thanks

Benjamin Van Eps

Add the line DisablePreload=1 under the [Main] heading in your FSX config that solved it for me
...yep, that did the trick.Thanks

Benjamin Van Eps