Sign in to follow this  
austintan

PMDG 747X Follows only the first waypoint

Robert, Thanks for your quick reply. I am not ready to use VNAV yet, so I'm still using V/S and yes, I already done so with by activating the autopilot.
VNAV is a climb/descent profile and has nothing to do with the autopilots inability to follow a route. On a side note, VNAV won't function properly without LNAV anyway.That being said, use FLCH (Flight Level Change) instead of VS. FLCH will automatically pitch the aircraft to maintain the speed selected on the MCP.

Austintan,I imported the following RKSI – KLAX route from SimRoutes:SEL G597 SORKA G597 LANAT Y51 CVC OTR11 GARRY 4200N 16000E 4500N 17000E 4700N 18000E 4700N 17000W 4600N 16000W 4500N 15000W 4300N 14000W 4000N 13000W DACEM PAINT PIRAT AVE SADDE6Is this the same as yours? The only problem I had was that the FMC didn't recognise the Latitude/Longitude waypoints so I had to input them manually.
Not exactly but somewhat similar. Ive just done another testing today from RKSI to PANC and the same issue still occurs. Although I'm flying direct to each of the waypoints it tells me that it is a invalid entry for some reasons. I got my FP from routefinder.

Wait a tick...You're not ready to use VNAV, but somehow the more complicated (comparatively) LNAV is okay? From the looks of the posts here, it sounds like the aircraft is doing what you're telling it, but you just don't fully understand what you're telling it to do.The concept of all automation is trash in trash out. If you give it a trash plan to follow, you're going to get trash performance. On PMDG's downloads page, there are four Type Rating Courses. I suggest you have a look at them.I'm all for using the sim the way you want to, but your hugely-expensive 747 is no toy for which you can get away with not reading the manuals. It takes a little learning on your end to use it properly. When properly used, it works wonders.Take a look at those courses and let us know how it goes after that. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how much we say here. If you don't understand the concepts behind what we say, our words are useless.

Kyle Rodgers

Austintan,It's definitely worthwhile to take the time to go through the Type Rating Courses. As a newbie, I think it's also worthwhile to print off the FMC Section 12 of the PMDG manual.For the flight plan from RouteFinder, did you choose the correct database? The default is AIRAC Cycle 1203 but maybe you are still using the original Cycle 0805. The database you are using is shown on the IDENT page of the FMC.In any case, we still need to see screen shots of your CDU showing some LEGS pages of the FMC and showing when you get the “Invalid Entry” warning. Did you get the same warning with the RKSI – KLAX flight plan?

Dugald Walker

Hi people, I have finally managed to solve this issue. For the benifit of those who encounter this problem in the future, this is what I did:1.All waypoints should be under a airway. If its under direct, It will not be tracked as stated by some of the members above2. Using VNAV is recommended to, as V/S seems to have problems maintaining its speedI would like to thank those people who gave their suggestions to me and who took their time to help me out. Thanks! :) You guys were a big help!

I don't know why people are saying it won't track direct. It will very, definitely, track direct. How do you get between the NAT coordinates?

Kyle Rodgers

If you follow the series of tutorials starting with

you will see direct waypoints working, so your waypoints should work, too. Using airways does save a lot of time but you should be able to input all of the waypoints individually as well. You are not solving your original problem, you are avoiding it. If you still wish to solve the original problem, the forum members can help if you provide the screen shots and detailed flight plans as we have mentioned. This forum has a good record of solving member problems.

Dugald Walker