Sign in to follow this  
suavi

Random failure settings and a suggestion

Hello,I have started to use random failures as a new challenge and noticed that random failure setting resets itself at every session start. I set it to "yes" and frequency to 2, i get a minor or major failure during the flight beginning right after the setting change, however, i found it reverted to "no" at the next FSX startup.I am aware that this setting is livery specific, i checked several times and sure about this is how it works at the moment at SP1b. I reviewed the introduction manual and couldn't find any information why it is programmed it this way. So, I will be delighted if somebody give an explanation.And I have a future development request about failure settings: Moving service based failures parameter from livery specific category to sim options category or at least let the user decide to select the category according to his/her preference. Because I think some of us use different liveries and choose one among them regarding the route selection for the session. This makes hard to reach 250 hours service time even for a frequent simmer like me (approximately 25 hours a month). Although the current application is more compliant with the reality as failures specific to aircraft in reality, my suggestion will improve the challenge and enjoyment of simulation.Best regards,Suavi Akar

You can save the failure setting also with the panel state.I will do it the same way - it works!With this, you can now load different panel states for different liveries (at startup) ...I agree with you that a "accerated service based failure module" would be nice.This wish was mentioned many times here in the forum, but i never had read an answer ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can save the failure setting also with the panel state.I will do it the same way - it works!With this, you can now load different panel states for different liveries (at startup) ...I agree with you that a "accerated service based failure module" would be nice.This wish was mentioned many times here in the forum, but i never had read an answer ...
Guenther,Thank you. I didn't imagine that it will work in that way. So, it is not an issue any more for me. I noticed your posts about the failure model while searching for the random failure thing. Let's hope that someone has noted it for future releases. Best regards,Suavi