Sign in to follow this  
ly316

no v hold prob

hi allafter take off alt set 3000ft or more v climb set 1300 feet starting climb set a/pilot but...suddenly the 747 starts to climb at a rate of 3000 then 4000 5000 6000 9000 and more i set it on 1300 but it will not hold ?? as a result i lose air speed and crash weather set to fs only fsuipc disbled/off all i can do to stop this is a/p off and take manual cantrol till i am at finel flight level then it will stay leveldcan any one help

Lemme see if I understand. You set vs at 3000fpm and it climbs at progressively higher vertical speeds until it finally stalls? Is that correct?I can't say what would cause that issue, but I can say it's bad practice to use vs during a climb. It is far better practice to use vnav. Setting a vs, the autopilot doesn't care about airspeed and can quite easily result in a stall if you arent careful. Vnav will result Ina constant climb thrust & a climb rate calculated to maintain airspeed.

Edited by MrKen

You set vs at 3000fpm and it climbs at progressively higher vertical speeds until it finally stalls? Is that correct?no i set max alt 3000ft then rate of climb to 1200-1300 ft and climb to 3000ft most off the time its ok the i climb to atc req level as directed but the prob is that the aircraft for some reson suddnly starts to climb at far more then set to if its set 1200 it will go up and up till 9000 and more p.s if its better to use vnav i will dose it need to be set on the fmc to do this?

Is the A/P and VS light on ? You should be climbing in LVL CHG or VNAV, but if you use VS the a/c should fly itPost a screenshot of your cockpit set up.Peter

Peter Schluter

Post a screenshot of your cockpit set uphow do i do that ?what program do i use?thanks

Post a screenshot of your cockpit set uphow do i do that ?what program do i use?thanks
Set up the view you want, press the print screen key, then open ms paint, press ctrl+v & save it as a jpg.It's usually best to upload large images to a place like photobucket or image shack & then post a link to the picture.

:( ok i will later today i hopeso far vspeed set 1200 alt hold 3000 the 747 just climbs a-p set still no joy :Hypnotized:thank

I'm more interested in the pedestal. What is the trim set at?

I'm more interested in the pedestal. What is the trim set at?
no pedestal re formatting at this time so pics will come soon tas