Sign in to follow this  
SKLYF

Slicing in Gmax

I am designing a square shaped fuselage where I have five vertices to define each corner (to make it round).I have made it from a cylinder primitive. with22 verices in the cross section - the 20 for the four corners and on on top and bottom so that I can cut it in half, lengthwise should I need to.If I slice the fuselage to add more cross sections, the cross section ends up with more vertices. Is there a way to slice without increasing the number of vertices, except cutting from side line to side line?I have slices without selecting anything, I have selected polygons where I want to slice and I have removed smoothing and I have without removing smoothing. No success.

Hi,Usually the number of extra vertices is relatively small. I don't know why they are added, but you can remove them by moving the extra vertex point right next to an original one, select them both, and Weld them.

Would it be possible for you to post some screen captures? I have an idea of what you are getting but it would help me to know for certain if I could see what you are seeing.