Sign in to follow this  
Justin Michael

Long Island NY

Trip with a friend to the north pratice area off long island's north coast, aka the north shore. These are from last year so not recent but thought I would share them.

Cool Shots!! Thats where I got my licence back in the 80's and were my brother Keeps his Archer. There is a great resterant on the other side of the airport called the 56th Fighter squadron. Food is OK but the atmosphere is really fun.Rob

I've been to that restaurant serveral times. Couldn't have said it better myself. I've completeted most of fmy ratings at NFI and now have the oppoortunity to work there. Very fun and very nice to be apart of the GA community espically on Long Island. Waiting patiently for the summer so I can take some trips to block island.

Block Island is a great trip! Nice Bed & breakfast places there to stay at. Rent a bike and ride around the island. Great fun! Great seafood too. Its one of those places that gets overlooked a lot by vactioners. Some of the B&B's are a little pricey, so if you plan on staying there overnight, check around for prices.My brother got his license at NFi and now doing his instrument rating there. I learned at a place called East coast airways (which is not there anymore.) They had the crapiest planes but the lowest prices. LOLSince I was a college student at the time, I had to watch the money. Later I got my instrument ratting at Million air (flightways) on the other side of the airport near rt 106. Much nicer planes but the instructors barely had any time! Memorial day, they usually have lots of stuff going on there. Vintage planes and sometimes the Blue angles are there.I have lots of fond memories at that airport!Rob

Edited by Comanche