Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How do I open other doors than the main? For GSX . . .

You'd think someone using FS for 12 years might know how to do this, but apparently not!I'm trying to play w/ FSDT's GSX program, and it's asking me to remember to activate the jetway (Ctrl-J, but nuttin' seems to happen!), then open the main exit door and airstair. Umberto says just hit Shift-E + 2 immediately after the Shift-E, however this does not seem to work. I was trying this w/ Coolsky's MD80 Pro. So I went to the QW757 to try this. Well, somehow passengers got unboarded just fine, however I was prompted by GSX 'awaiting to open the cargo doors . . . beep . . .', but I tried Shift-E + 1, + 2, + 3, + C (!), but alas, nuttin's happening! Any thoughts about what I am doing wrong? Yes I'm trying for help on FSDT's forum, however the help was Umberto's best try was to tell me to do the Shift-E + routines, but this didn't help.Help!Thanks in advance,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Make sure you press SHIFT+E, then release your fingers, then press 1, 2, or whatever number. If that does not work maybe quality wings have a uniqe key press for doors.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'm with you !!! Just tried it out also and also I could NOT get the back door of the default B-737 to open #$%^&>. How do you do it??? jerrycwo4

Make sure you press SHIFT+E, then release your fingers, then press 1, 2, or whatever number. If that does not work maybe quality wings have a uniqe key press for doors.
OK now that was never mentioned--thanks! Before reading this post however I finally found another person w/ the same problem on the FSDT forum and his suggestion was to remap the key command for the main door to a single stroke. He chose '', which I did, and this solved the problem for me. Interestingly, I did not have to release the key first (I don't think!) but just hit then immediately 2 or 3 or whatever and all is well.Thanks again and I'll look for the release issue next time out.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest firehawk44
Ctrl-J, but nuttin' seems to happen
Jetways do not work at every airport plus the aircraft has to be properly parked. If the jetway does not operate, try using the stairways in GSX.Best regards,Jim

Hi Noel, that was me over on the FSDT Forum. Glad it has worked for you. It's much easier to press 'any single key' then 2 or 3 as you wish, than having to press Shift + E + 2 or 3 anyway.

Hi Noel, that was me over on the FSDT Forum. Glad it has worked for you. It's much easier to press 'any single key' then 2 or 3 as you wish, than having to press Shift + E + 2 or 3 anyway.
Thank you very much!

Noel