Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyQBall1

What am I doing wrong

So I succesfully downloaded and ran the X-Plane demo. It started with me in the cockpit of a 737 at the beghinning of the runway. I applied throttle but the rudder or whatever is being used to steer the plane on the ground seems to be stuck on hard right because the plane immediately statrts trying to turn right. As speed increases to plane starts spinning to the right until I decrease the throttle to idle. I checked the control setup but I can't figure out what controls the rudder. Either I'm doing something wrong or the plane has ben listening to too much Rush Limbaugh. I'm guessing the former. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hello !Did you read the manual ?http://wiki.x-plane.com/Chapter_3:_Initial_Flight_Setup#Joystick_Configuration_and_Calibrationhttp://www.x-plane.com/files/manuals/X-Plane_10_Desktop_manual.pdfAre you using a joystick or a yoke system ?

Hi MdMaxI'm using a Thrustmaster Warthog joystick. I did read the manual for X-Plane. Maybe it's a problem with the joystick? It seems to work fine with Flight but I'll see if Thrustmaster's site/forum has any advice.

Figured it out: Parking brake was on. Before anyone laughs in my defence I would like to point out I am new to flight sims and I find it odd a demo would start you off at the beginning of a runway yet leave you to figure out the parking brake is on amongst the multitude of switches, buttons and dials.

I guess that is better than zooming down the runway at startup because your throttle was open a bit.

Figured it out: Parking brake was on. Before anyone laughs in my defence I would like to point out I am new to flight sims and I find it odd a demo would start you off at the beginning of a runway yet leave you to figure out the parking brake is on amongst the multitude of switches, buttons and dials.
don't be embarresed, We all do things that in hindsight make us say why did we do that. Find it odd that the parking brakes are on? An airplane does not have an automatic transmission that you can set Park in, if you park an airplane you had better put the parking brakes on.If you are new to flight sims, it would be much better to start of with a training plane, a Cessna 172 is ideal. Learn that before you go to jets. You have probably figured it out by now, but to change airplane go to the top menu/aircraft/open aircraft/general aviation/ cessnal172 sp,/ cessna 172sp.acfI do find it odd, that Laminar Research would elect to start the default in a 747. A training plane would be much more appropriate for new people starting off, as the old hands already know how to do things in X-Plane so only takes a minute for them to change over into the heavies, or whatever they need. I say the heavies because most simmers want to do airliners. Thats OK but you should learn how to fly the sim first. :( Only my opinion of course. :(