Firstly, if this question has been asked and answered previously, I apologize for the duplicate post.I use FS Repaint as a means of checking my paints as I do them (like no doubt a lot of people). After installing "some models" (primarily the now defunct Posky stuff) the aircraft shows up in FS Repaint; however, when trying to open it I am getting one of two error messages, as follows:1. "mdl cannot be found" or2. FS Repaint cannot read this file (or similar)I have searched the .cfg files for any anomalies that may be preventing the model to open without success and have compared .cfg files of those aircraft that DO open compared to those that don't from the same company (ie posky) and there does not appear to be any difference.I have contacted Abacus (a waste of time) without any response from them and posky no longer exists for assistance.Can someone please shed some light on this problem?The specific models I am having issues with are as follows: (all posky models by the way)CRJ-700 V3CRJ-900 V3Their CRJ-200 opens without a problem.I run Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.Thanks for the help.wombat457

Hmmm, "16 views" and no responses, I guess that says a great deal in itself.Cheers,wombat457

There are many FSX models (including the default Accereation aircraft) that will not open for me in the demo version of FSRepaint. As I understand it, there is nothing you can do to fix it.I did fix an issue with the Aerosoft Beaver for FS9. One of the models would not display although there was no error message.In the model.cfg were the following lines...[models]normal=amf1.mdlNote the .mdl extension, it is not typically there and FS does not require it, or mind that it is there.Removing the extension so it reads...[models]normal=amf1Fixed the problem with FSRepaint.Maybe that will help you.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Joe,Thank you for your in put - I have tried many things with the .mdl's but NOT adding or removing the extension. I will see if that works for me.I think the most annoying thing here is it only seems (in my case) to effect the posky stuff, but not all of it. Seems a little selective and could just be a flaw in FS Repaint and I have the bought version.As mentioned in my initial post, I have contacted ABACUS.PUB but they seem to have ignored the request for help - again!Thanks Joe for your input though, appreciate it.wombat457

FSRepaint not opening all airplanes is a known issue.Also the full version is not flawless at this point.Sometimes fiddling with the "MDL" text as mentioned above works, but not always.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I have multiple crashes with exceptions running FS Repaint v2 (2.23).  Saw where this was supposed to be fixed in v2.  Any help?