Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

PMDG NGX and ADF

Tried Tutorial#2 yesterday and found that while I could set the ADF1 with my VRInsight Combo2 and I could select the ADF2 I found that any changes to ADF2 did not make any changes in the actual ADF2. Also the transfer button for the ADF did not work.Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed?Thanks.

Hello,the NGX does not have an ADF2:http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2218960

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,the NGX does not have an ADF2:http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2218960
Strange. It seemed to work when I did the Tutorial#2. Certainly could tune it and the transfer button worked from the radio stack itself. This is with the latest service pack. Will have to go back and see again.I also noticed that the Transponder did not seem to change using the MCP Combo2. I guess it is an issue with it as there is nothing mapped to it in Linda.

no, the NGX does not have an ADF2 - see the "INOP" sticker below the VOR2 switch.What you mean is ADF1 standby frequency, but this is not intended in MCP Combo itself with ADF.VOR has standby frequencies, but ADF not, sorry.The transponder is working here as it should!If you enter the digits, you have to press "<-->" after that to enter it ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

no, the NGX does not have an ADF2 - see the "INOP" sticker below the VOR2 switch.What you mean is ADF1 standby frequency, but this is not intended in MCP Combo itself with ADF.VOR has standby frequencies, but ADF not, sorry.The transponder is working here as it should!If you enter the digits, you have to press "<-->" after that to enter it ...
Ah that is what I mean. Thanks.