Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

Aerobatic Mission ?

Being a retired airline pilot, aerobatics were never my forte. I can do maneuvers 1 - 7 no problem but No 8 (snap roll) is driving me nuts.I fly with the mouse. Any tips ??Fred.

I cannot find aerobatic missions . Have I to download and pay them ?In free flight the Stearman cannot snap and spin.Carl

Same here Fred. No amount of up elevator and rudder gives the desired effect.

There are some topics on this elsewhere in this forum. I have struggled to get the Stearman to spin as easily as I thought it should. However, you definitely can spin it.If you throttle to idle, pull up and stall and them give full left rudder and goose the throttle to give airflow over the rudder, you'll get a nice spin.You have to hold the inputs in or the plane will immediately recover into a spiral dive. I have no idea if the real Stearman is this way but I have read that it doesn't spin "easily".

I should have said..........I am using the RV-6.My conclusion is a snap roll cannot be done with a mouse !Fred.

I cannot find aerobatic missions . Have I to download and pay them ?In free flight the Stearman cannot snap and spin.Carl
You need the Hawaii Adventure pack DLC for that mission. It comes with the RV-6 which is great for aerobatics.( I have no problem doing spins in the Stearman. )Fred.