Sign in to follow this  
olibarke

747 VC - Sudden FPS Drop

Hi everyone,I've been having this issue a few times now, during longer haul flights, changing to Virtual Cockpit see's my normal 30-40 fps drop to sub 10, even down to 3fps. So it stutters and jerks about.Then when returning to either tower, spot or 2D cockpit it restores itself. So really perplexed to what can cause this sudden dislike to the VC.What is even more confusing is that its a sudden change, i.e. for departure, climb, cruise and partial descent it works fine with no issues, then just decides to under perform!FS9, REX, AS6.5, UT Europe, FS Global, Windows 7 (64bit)CheersOli

Do you have the line "HighMemFix=1" in your fsx.cfg in the (main) section?If not, try adding it.

Ahh, I missed that part in your specs, so sorry.I'm not an fs9 guy, so I wouldn't know.

I do also get this wierd and sudden frame rate drop when decending on long flights using the PMDG 747 in FS9.

I can take off with 80+ FPS in sceneries like FSDT KJFK but then when I pass around FL100 in the decent when landing in a place like Heathrow (UK2000 V2) the frames drop to 10-5 which makes it almost impossible to land. I dont think its a problem with my system, as the frame rate drop only occurs when looking fowards in the 2D and 3D cockpit. If im looking to the side or in the outside view the frames restore back to 80+... very wierd. I dont get problems like this is any other aircraft (PSS 777 etc..) after long flights.

Could it be something to do with the screens on the displays? It seems when they arnt in view the performance increase, but when they are the performance goes to pot again.

Thanks for any help!

WIN7 x64 Professional

Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.06Ghz

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Nvidea GTX 560ti

Jack Shaw

This also happens to me...every other view is 30 FPS (locked) and then virtual cockpit, even with no clouds and just land below at 35,000ft, FPS is about 5-7 or so. Makes VC fairly unuseable. I don't really know why it's happening. Doesn't happen to the LDS 767 for me. Any advice would be great. I'm also on FS9.

Cheers,

Rudy

I had this problem, and I seemed to solve it by stopping my antivirus scanning the FSX folder, and moving the install to a different hard drive. Does the HDD activity jump to 100% when you're cruizing?

- Luke

Ill try that.

The HDD activity was fine. The lagging only occured when looking foward in the 2D, and when in the VC. All other views were fine gaining 50+ FPS.

Thanks