Sign in to follow this  
Bob W

Logbook editor

Could someone please give some guidance as to how to set up the logedit program? I have read thru the forums to attempt to get a clear understanding and I continue to get confused. I have unzipped and it goes to the adobe. pdf and I cannot find this anywhere. I guess I may be missing something or reading too much into it, because I don't think it would be that difficult. I have read that editing the logbook within fsx is a no no, as well as the do's and don'ts but haven't seen anywhere a "how to" on the subject. So could someone please provide steps to set up the editor? I am not into flying heavies, only the small a/c, meaning the trike, cub, 172, beaver and cherokee at this time. Thanks much.

Hi Bob W. Will try and help you as I do use a Logbook Editor regularly after every flight. Which Logbook Editor are you using?

hi Rick,no this is my first time using one and the name of it is logbookedit thank you

hi Rick,no this is my first time using one and the name of it is logbookedit thank you
Is it the Lamont Clarke FSX Logbook Editor you have? If it is, then I can assist. What seems to be the problem?First off, it should not open to a .pdf file. It is a text editor.FSX only logs the type of aircraft, and the hours logged. The editor lets you add information such as which airline,dep-arr, etc and then save it back into the default Logbook.bin

Hey hey hey. yes it is Lamont Clarks. seems that when I unzip, there are 3 files. the logedit file opens to adobe, which I really can't understand why. Yeppers, that is why I am attempting to have some type of editor so that I can add a few additional things. The FSX doesn't log some of my flights and comes up with all types of different dates and times. From what I read, mr. clark's editor is what I am looking for. So it sounds like you are familar with this program and probably could straighten me out and lead me in the right direction, which is very much appreciated. I would shoot you the logbook.bin file but I am not at my cockpit puter at this time. My rewards are all there. Let me also throw this at you. It is a new install for a new build and the logbook was like that before. Just getting curious to get it right! Thanks again.

Bob WNot on my FSX computer at the moment. But as soon as I get to it sometime later this evening UK time, I will, unzip that Lamont Clarke file to see what happens and then go from there, okay. Sorry for any inconvenience, but job beckons.

@Bob WI take it that you have a Java Virtual Machine to open the .jar file? Most probably that's where you are ending up with a .pdf. You need a JVM to open that .jar file. It will then create a Logbook table which references your FSX Logbook for its data.Follow the Readme.txt

greetings Rick,yes I found that out today at the office. I d/l the file and opened it up without a hitch. I did it as well on 2 other puters at home, and I noticed what program it was opening with. On my new machine, I did change OPEN WITH java enabled, after downloading it and I get a very quick what looks to be a DOS screen in the background and that's it. So at this point, I don't know...got me bumfuzzled. Thanks.

greetings Rick,yes I found that out today at the office. I d/l the file and opened it up without a hitch. I did it as well on 2 other puters at home, and I noticed what program it was opening with. On my new machine, I did change OPEN WITH java enabled, after downloading it and I get a very quick what looks to be a DOS screen in the background and that's it. So at this point, I don't know...got me bumfuzzled. Thanks.
Greetings Bob WIf you follow the Readme.txt, from the Lamont Clarke d/l, you will need to d/l a Java Virtual Machine from the link provided. Once that JVM is registered within Windows, when you click on the .jar file, it will automatically open into the Logbook Editor. That DOS file you are seeing means that Windows is not recognising it as a Win32 application.As it's very late in the night here, I'll catch up with you tomorrow, if you still have no luck.