Sign in to follow this  
MM7

EFB and NGX runway issue..

howzit :)I know that you can edit the runways but on KORD, I have, in my FSX, 09L/R and 10, on the EFB it says 10 is an issue and only 09L/R are availble.Cheers!

Uhm, as far as I know the NGX does not have an EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) - at this moment.What software are you using instead?

Aivlasoft, forgot to add, sorry :)

This is an issue that crops up from time to time with EFB (not an NGX issue) and can be fixed. I believe the fix is outlined in the manual (it must be fixed individually for every airport with the issue). Don't forget to run EFB's scenery updater after installing addon scenery.

I have UK2000 EGKK installed, have run that update and it doesn't pick up EGKK gates 551-553 :(

I have UK2000 EGKK and it picks up those gates. Try running the scenery updater again. As for your runway assignment issue, go to your documents, AivlaSoft, EFB, User Data, Runways. That file basically explains how to fix it, if it is still unclear ask and I shall explain it better.

Nope, "Could not read scenery.cfg' due to the following error: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean"As for the runway, they work but not sure if I have put them in properly...

If you run EFB and load the airport it will have an error message if the runway assignment issue is still present. You are doing the scenery update from EFB data provider-data- FSX scenery data update right?

Is your scenery.cfg still located in it's original position? Try running EFB as an administrator. Try the EFB forums you might get someone with more knowledge of how it works there.

Posted in their forums and no response...where should the CFG be sir?

Try:Start up FSX. Go to settings-scenery library, make sure your addon scenery is at the top of the list, disable UK2000 EGKK- press OK (let it recompile the scenery library). Close FSX, re-run EFB's scenery updater. Start FSX- options- scenery library, enable UK2000 EGKK (making sure again that it's at the top with your other addon scenery)- click OK (let it recompile the scenery library), close FSX, re-run EFB's scenery updater.

Will try it sir :)Where is ur scen.cfg stored?When you say addon scen, do you mean the folder addon scen or all the scen I have added?

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSXProgram data is a hidden folder so make sure you are set to "show hidden folders and files" (control panel-folder options-view (on Windows 7)).There are (so I believe) backup copies dotted around the place as well but that is the one which data is written to when scenery is added.In the scenery library accessed from the FSX opening screen-settings. There should be a list of all your installed scenery with addon scenery at the top.

ok, about to re-enable uk2000 scen, put the "addon scen" at the top, see if it works...how do i tell it what scen.cfg to look at?