Sign in to follow this  
louiseSEUK

Can't access FSGenesis Site

Guest victorwest

I get this error message at work. Anybody know if it's a problem my end or their end?VictorThe requested URL could not be retrievedWhile trying to retrieve the URL: http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules.php? The following error was encountered: Unable to determine IP address from host name for portal.fsgenesis.net The dnsserver returned: Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query. This means that: The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct.

Guest victorwest

I guess it's my end then. Does anybody know what all the techno waffle in the error message means?Victor

Hi Victor,This is probably something you cant fix by yourself, I'm afraid - whats happened by the sounds of it is your ISP's "address book" that resolves www.website.com to the IP address - 123.456.789.0 for example, and it can't find the entry. You may be able to workaround it manually by adding the address into LMHOSTS (XP/NT/2K) - for advice on this look here - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...8&Product=winxp - otherwise, you may want to try using another DNS entry - try a google search for DNS IP addresses, and you may be able to find them. Course, it could also be a "glitch"!!!All the best, Leonr EGLL

Louise

London, UK