Sign in to follow this  
OPS1

To all sound makers! (RB211)

Hi there to all you sound makers, i'm really fed up now why there isn't a brilliant sound pack for the rolls royce RB211-535E4 probably the best sounding turbo fan engine in commercial aviation. Ive tried TSS RB211 757 sound pack and the sound quality is good i must say, however the idle noise sounds are awful and also it's really really badly synced to the actual N1 sound of the engines, for example that low whining spool up dosen't come until around 40% N1 in real life this spool up noise comes at 30% N1. Ive flew on the 757 many times (flight deck aswell) and have payed attention to the sounds and noises and how they snych with the N1 and power setting they are at. The most "real" soundpack out there i would say is the QW757 one.If anyone is willing to make a sound pack for the RB211-535E4 i can certainly help with the engine power settings snych with the sounds.Thanks, Tom

Have a search for the RB211 superpack. It's not on avsim anymore after the site got hacked, you may be able to find it at flightsim.com.Regards

Rob Prest

You could always edit the sound.cfg file and adjust when the howl occurs? You've got to remember FS engine modelling is pretty lousy.

Best regards,

Robin.