Sign in to follow this  

Steam v.s Live

You don't "own" software. Never have. If you think once you did you are mistaken. Even when you buy a physical copy you don't own the software. You just own the disk and box. What you get is a license to use that software. Read the End User License Agreement that you scrolled through when you installed it.

What you get is a license to use that software

yep. wish I would actually own windows when I bought win7. but steve ballmer would surely object if I started to sell copies of win7 :-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

steam sucks. you don't even "own" the game

First off, Steam is awesome, but the tinfoil might be blocking it's awesomeness from reaching you.

Second, users do not and have never owned software. You are purchasing a license to use the software in accordance with the license agreement.

Third, you can install games in offline mode and play them without Valve getting the crucial info that you like playing Flight. And you if think that is scary, I really hope you don't use Gmail, you don't even want to know what they are doing with your emails!

And lastly you may be right about their customer service being poor, they seem to have very long response times.