Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

UI Automation.dll

So, this is the problem with the menu bar crashes in FSX right? So I downloaded a new UI Auto.dll and Windows 7 wont let me replace the original one, it says I need permission as a Trusted Installer, Im trying to put it into the WOW64 folder, any ideas whats going on, I thought this would be an easy fix!

Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Try dropping the replacement UIAutomation.dll in your FSX directory. It will be used in preference to the Windows 7 version. Thats what I've done and it seems to work fine.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

You dont want to remove it from your system file. I couldnt install FLIGHT because I removed it. Some reason flight is looking for it. That was beta, not that I give a Hoot now! :)

Guest firehawk44

Check the following link for more about the installing the uiautomationcore.dll - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/326554-fsx-crashes-when-using-menus/page__p__1926531#entry1926531. Most likely you do not have the proper versions of dotnet framework installed. Windows 7 installs Version 4 with the OS but FSX needs previous versions. Most software developers includes and installs the version they used for installing their addon. With FSX you'll need versions 1 to version 4 installed. The uiautomationcore.dll is included with the dotnet software. Versions are NOT backward compatible in most cases. You should also make sure you have Microsoft Visuals C++ for 2005, 2008, and 2010. All are needed to run most FSX addons and they are not backward compatible. Again, developers will install the version needed with their addon if the version is not already installed but sometimes this is messed up in the installation or you move FSX to another directory, reformat the HDD, and reinstall Windows 7. Once all versions are installed, make sure you run Windows update as dotnet and MSV's are constantly updated.

Best regards,

Jim