Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

UI Automation

I'm using to Ui fix but i still getting ctd's. I was wondering how do you check if you have the correct DOTNET files on your computer. Thank You.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Guest firehawk44

if you have the correct DOTNET files on your computer

Go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework. I have the following versions installed:

v1.0.3705 (updated via Windows Update)

v1.1.4322 (updated via Windows Update)

** v2.0.50727 (updated via Windows Update)

** v3.0 (updated via Windows Update)

** v3.5 (all Orbx FTX applications such as FTX Central, ftxconfigurator, exe etc, required Microsoft Dot Net Framework 3.5 to be installed BUT, according to their site, "only install Dot Net 3.5 if you are using Windows XP or our apps don't work under Vista"). No matter what they say, I would install it anyway as it will not interfere with any other version of Dot Net. I have it installed and it could only have been installed during the installation of a FTX/Orbx product.

** v4.0.30319 (latest version which is installed with Windows 7 and updated via Windows update).

** Version was also installed in the Framework64 folder since I have Windows 7, 64 bit installed. Since FSX is a 32-bit application, not sure if these 64 bit versions are necessary but it will not harm my system so will keep them installed.

You can get all versions at the following link - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263. See right side of site for previous versions (if you require them). Once installed, make sure you run Windows Update as each version is almost constantly updated.

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you so much for the help.Just wanted to make sure I had them all and I do. Must have another problem causing the ctd.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

I have all the files you listed, the only problem I'm having is I'm still getting CTD's showing the Uiautomationcore.dll as the problem. Any other advice you can give me. I can't seem to figure this one out. I have tried most of the forums and read something about the amout you access your menus, but I'm not sure that would be it.

Thanks A million,

Anthony

Intel I7 2600k at 3.4 ghz 8gb ram gtx 580 ti

One more thing I noticed. My CTD's usually happen when looking around the aircraft. ie from the vc to a wing view. not sure if that will help you.

Anthony

Guest firehawk44

My CTD's usually happen when looking around the aircraft. ie from the vc to a wing view. not sure if that will help you.

UAC is turned off? Just too many things could be wrong and causing the crashes. Do you have your sliders turned up too high? Have you tried deleting your fsx.cfg, restarting FSX, and letting the sim rebuild the config? What does the Event Viewer say? Does it show the Exception error 0000005. That's a memory exception error indicating possible problems with your memory settings in your BIOS. I do not know anything about placing the uiautomationcore.dll in the main FSX directory but have heard that will fix a lot of crashes. Only a very few flight simmers get this error and have to put a Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll into their FSX directory (only a Vista version will work). Do a Google search for uiautomationcore.dll error in FSX or search each post in this forum as this subject has been discussed almost daily in this forum. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I was looking at my event log and found something of interest or maybe not. I have a ton of atapi faults logged. not sure what they mean but there seems to be a atapi fault every second while the computer is running? Not sure if you know what this could mean. Thanks for the help.

anthony

Anthony

Thanks Jim I think the problem is over my head in a way. I switched my fsx to vista mode last night and have been flying without any ctds so far tonight. We'll see how long that lasts.

Thanks for all the help.

Anthony

Anthony

Guest firehawk44

Thanks Jim I think the problem is over my head in a way. I switched my fsx to vista mode last night and have been flying without any ctds so far tonight. We'll see how long that lasts.

Thanks for all the help.

Anthony

Hey! Maybe that's the solution to this uiautomationcore.dll CTD. Please post back if the CTD's continue.

Best regards,

Jim