Sign in to follow this  
TKent

Why am I nose-to-nose with another aircraft on the taxiway?

Just look away and taxi through him.

:-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

The definitive solution to zapping rogue AI aircraft is one of the many goodies built in to (the licensed version of) FSUIPC, but since I know that only nerds like me read manuals here is a brief summary of how to do it. Unfortunately for those with fs9, this I think (?) is only built in to FSUIPC v4, however.

The manual says that v4 includes "A traffic zapper control, which deletes an AI aircraft close to and directly in front of the user‘s aircraft". There's even a sound which tells you that the Zap has been triggered.

So you simply assign the Zap to any convenient button or key, by nominating control 1079 (the traffic zapper — which is added by FSUIPC to the standard set for FSX). Simply trigger fsuipc from within fsx, pick yourself a spare button, and assign the Traffic Zapper to it from the pull-down menu.

I appreciate that the FSUIPC documentation isn't light reading, but believe me — there are some gems in there..... Big%20Grin.gif

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Just look away and taxi through him.

:-)

haha, I do that all the time, I pretend to drop something and full throttle.

Anyway you can move him if it happens again by going to your time settings, and then hitting 'Ok'

let it load and he should be gone

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

That's fine, but it's not as satisfying as *zapping* them, though! :good:

B.

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg