Sign in to follow this  
eriksenp

EZ csenery problem

I Just tried to install EZ scenery on my new computer running Windows seven. My old machine is running W Xp and that seems to work OK (except the cursor keep going away). I tried to re-install it but that didn't help. I seem to be missing something but I don't know how to correct it. When I go to a pristine airport and try to add an object the program wants to install it at a different airport (??). The program will also tell me that the file format doesn't match. Very frustrating. Any comments that will point me in the right direction will be appreciated

Did Instant Scenery fail to install or just not work correctly when installed? It sounds like it installed from your description, so the next question is if it's a registered version or the trial? The trial version is limited to the Seattle area. If you haven't registered it and you're trying to add to an airport outside the Seattle area, then it might do what you describe.

Registered version on two computers. One win 7 the other win xp. I didn't mention that I have ADE on the win 7 machine. I wonder if that is the problem. Also ever since I put itin the XP machine (also the w7 one) the cursor keeps leaving the scene and it makes it tough to navigate around. As I mentioned ,I can place objects OK on the XP machine but not the win7 one. The one (7) tells me the bgl type is not compatible so I have to quit it. Still scratching my head.

Just to clear things up, are you talking about the older EZ-Scenery by Abacus or the newer Instant Scenery (1 or 2) by Flight 1?

I have Abacus EZ scenery. After a lot of searching I found a Q&A on their web site that addressed this problem. It looks as if the program is buggy and will not tolerate certain things. The best they could offer was a work-around. Inasmuch as that is the case, I am about to delete it from my machine and never go back to it. So for me, it's problem solved. I like ADE. Scruffyduck did a nice job.

Regards, Paul