Sign in to follow this  
lowrunner

fsx hanging and/or lagging problem

hi guys when i start fsx it hangs when i click fly now (after choosing airport) its like i didnt click the button,but the button is highlighted. after a short while (1min.) it will go to the airport. it will act fine for a couple of min. then when i click options at the top of screen it will hang for sometimes 5-10 seconds befor it will go to the option i am trying to highlight. my task mgr shows im at any where from 65% - 90% . everything is cleaned "ccleaner,reg.cleaner,reg. defrag,disk defrag(disk keeper pro & auslogics disk defrag pro) boot time defrag. online or offline my computer seems to work fine. now for the question u might ask. the only addons i have on fsx is: ftx, megascenery, fscuip,wideview,widetraffic. i even tried with all the sliders to zero and i mean ALL same results. all im wanting to use this computer for is one outside view using wideview along with my main computer. for right now im not concerned with how i have it configured in wideview cause its doing the same thing not using it. so i dont know if its my computer or fsx? i did try a different video card but same thing. heres what i have:

intel pentium4 3.00 GHZ D865PERL (Mobo),AGP geforce 7900, corsair 600 watt , maxtor 250GB HD. 3 GB ddr3 ram, windows XP pro SP-3

i replaced my processor about 1 month ago because my last one got to hot for some reason and slowed way down. i also tried a geforce 6800video card but same results.

dont know if i have ram going bad or harddrive starting to go bad or what. any help would be much appreciated thank you

Guest firehawk44

You might want to check out this link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/326554-fsx-crashes-when-using-menus/. It works for some. You should also delete your FSX.cfg or, if you want to get it back sometime later, rename it to FSX.old, restart FSX and let the FSX config rebuild.

In the CTD forum here on AVSIM there's discussion about checking out your Event Viewer and telling us what is causing your crashes.

Best regards,

Jim

its not crashing, it hanging for about 5-20 seconds more than periodacly. then it starts running again. i did try uninstalling fsx.cfg (wich i still have) and let the program re-generate a new one. that didnt do it. i didnt try the UIA....dll or whatever its called because im running xp-pro, but im going to try that anyways just to see. and yes ive reinstalled fsx 3 times now with sp1 & sp2 loaded exactly the way your supposed to ( load , start, shutdown, reboot, load next one)

Guest firehawk44

The uiautomationcore.dll error is not the problem in your case. An 'event' or events should have been recorded though. Hopefully you do not have your FSX sliders set too high. It sounds like your system is having a hard time rendering to get to the next screen. I'm out of suggestions other than make sure you have Microsoft.net installed for XP (not automatic for XP - automatic for Windows 7). Make sure you have Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables 2005, 2008, and 2010 for XP installed.

Best regards,

Jim

Same issue here. Hitting the aircraft or location tab on opening splash screen causes delay for a min or so. Once youn are in the sim choosing these option is not a problem. Look up logbook recovery fsx. This has seemed to help a few folks with this issue. It is a corrupt logbook entry or something that causes the delay. The recovery utility will fix your logbook. I ran the program but it did not find any errors. For me it seems to speed it up a bit but still a delay.

Jim

well i found the Problem !!! the problem was "WideTraffic" once i turned it off ,no more lag. i do still get quite the time delay in the splash screen but everything workes great now. just have to figure out why widetraffic decided to start messing with me. cause it worked befor. oh well. thanks for all you guys replies. much appreciated

lowrunner, where is wide traffic or is this just your aircraft traffic setting your talking about?

Jim

Guest firehawk44

Glad you were able to find the problem and fix it and thanks for telling us. Hopefully it will help others who might have this issue in the future.

Best regards,

Jim

wide traffic is a program that works with "wideview? both from the same creator i guess you could say, for multiple displays