Sign in to follow this  
JMEppright

Keyboard conflict

After installing a new SSD, I uninstalled FSX and did a clean install on the SSD. All is well so I proceed to install the NGX aircraft. I have a conflict apparently since when I press Shift 6, the cursor flashes rapidly back and forth between a hourglass and then cursor and the overhead panel does not pop up. Any suggestions on where to look? I am using Acceleration and operating system is Windows 7 64 bit with 8 megs of memory. All NGX mods are up through "C".

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

should not be related to SSD. You might check your keyboard commands in FSX. Make sure Shift 6 is defined.

I didn't really tink it was SSD related. More of a new installation hiccup! I am also using FSUIPC and suspect the conflict is between it and the FSX commands. The mystery continues.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

the PMDG folks recommended uninstalling the PMDG products and reinstalling. Apparently, one needs to go to the user files and delete some PMDG files that uninstall routine does not deal with normally. I had not done that. I would speculate that it is the changing of drives that caused the hiccup, not just uninstalling and reinstalling on same drive. Such a complicated world we live in.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)