Sign in to follow this  
AEE952

Problem with color in Astra repaint

Hello

I have a problem with a repaint I recently started. The repaint has to do with Astra Airlines. The color is blue black. When in flight during daytime the color of the engines with the color of the fuselage is the same. Althought when flying during nightime the fuselage's color get darker but the engines color remain the same as when flying daytime.

I include two photos to check it:

As you can see, the engines do not follow the color change of the fuselage and this ruins my repaint.

Any ideas for what reason this happes and whether it can be changed and how?

Thanks in advance

Antonis Kosmadakis SX-AKO

If this is an FSX model, then I would look for differences in the spec textures.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Also... does this problem exist on the basic "out of the box" model? Perhaps you might check the _L textures (those are the "night time" textures the ones with _L at the end of the name. Look for "emissive texture" in the SDK

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

It is a project airbus aircraft that is designed for FS9, but still I am able to use it in FSX if I change the sound and the panel.

The ideas about the texture_l files and the spec files were very good advices that I didn't think of.

I will check this later this evening and I think that you may be very right.

thanks for your help. I will post later if something changed

Antonis Kosmadakis SX-AKO

Ah well, if it is an FS 9 model, then you can forget the specular stuff. FS9 models don't have this feature - even though an FS9 model does work in FSX. So go for the night textures...

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

I changed the texture_l files with new ones but still the same result.

Should i edit the file or what?

SX-AKO

Consider this: check out how the original model looks by day and night. If that one doesn't show your problem, then the answer must inevitably be that your textures are missing something. Whenever I get this kind of problem and I can't understand where I am going wrong, I "dissect" a copy of the original textures and try to find the fact I overlooked. Often this is a time intensive affair, but in the end I end up slapping my own forehead. As I don't fly or paint "tubes" I am afraid I don't know this model.

I think it is a problem of Project Airbus because it happens to another airplane too, that I have not repainted.