Sign in to follow this  
Birdman

Moving PFD and ND to another monitor

Hello NGX Drivers,

I have a question concerning the VC cockpit view for final approach situations. I have trouble keeping track of the PFD information and looking out the window at the approaching threshold and remaining on line with the runway while flying a hands on final. I'm thinking of setting up another monitor and moving the PFD and ND over to it. Will the Wideview software be the best application to do this for me?

What do you all find the best way to manually fly the final approach with the VC? I dont have tracker or ezcam , but hat pov does work in VC, but not my 2D.

Update:Think I've solved the issue, was able to undock and drag over the FO PFD and ND to another monitor from the FSX window without the use of additional software.. They aren't in full window mode though, not sure how that part is done yet. As another thought, has anyone been successful in undocking and moving the MCP and the EFIS to another monitor or is it even possible to move them? I can't seem to get them to leave their seats.

All the best,

Try using the HGS. It should contain all the information you need on final.

I typicallynuse the hugs on all my hand flow finals. It gives me all the information you need. Another option is to set you view a little lower so you can see the PFC and ND. Works great with ezdok.. I have used both methods with great success.

DJuan Carter

Thanks guys.

I'm using the WestJet livery, dont believe they have that installed in their aircraft. Appreciate the comments though. I did manage to get the PFD, the ND and the MCP over to another monitor though, which makes it much easier to follow. The EFIS, to the best of my knowledge can't be undocked.