Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

APPHANG B1 Crash only on initial Start

I have been getting the APPHangB1 Error the first time I start FSX after my computer is off. It is usually happening when I load up the NGX and mostly during the initialization period. I have to hit ctrl alt dlt and end program. However when I start FSX again, no issues at all. Any ideas? I am using EZDok, GSX along with some addon sceneries.

Guest firehawk44

Any ideas?

Usually caused by Malware. Run SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Google them). Freeware. If this doesn't fix the problem, I'll look for another possible solution but wanted to get this to you as soon as possible so you can start cleaning before anything else adverse happens.

Best regards,

Jim

If the anti-malware scans don't fix things, please provide the faulting module for the AppHangB1 error. This can be found in the Event Viewer. This will give you a good hint as to what program or addon that caused your crash.

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim, Thank you for your response. I have run Microsoft Security Essentials but haven't found any issues. I just fired up fsx for the first time after my pc was off for the night and got the error.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Hang Signature: 762c

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 762cb6b0ae179c22f7d9b36104ae0882

Additional Hang Signature 2: b2f3

Additional Hang Signature 3: b2f3e28ebb288142a7a835a376310203

Additional Hang Signature 4: 762c

Additional Hang Signature 5: 762cb6b0ae179c22f7d9b36104ae0882

Additional Hang Signature 6: b2f3

Additional Hang Signature 7: b2f3e28ebb288142a7a835a376310203

I will run the malware you listed in hopes that essentials has missed something.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Aaron

Hey Jim, I have run Malwarebytes and it found 0 infected files. This AppCrash is so interesting in the fact that it only happens on the first startup of FSX. I just control alt delete and restart FSX and everything works like a charm. Hmm.....

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.61.0.1400

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.05.16.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Aaron :: AARON-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

5/16/2012 6:58:06 AM

mbam-log-2012-05-16 (06-58-06).txt

Scan type: Full scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 487236

Time elapsed: 18 minute(s), 44 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Guest firehawk44

I have run Malwarebytes and it found 0 infected files.

Kind of figured that. Malwarebytes looks for the really nasty Malware and leaves Malware embedded in cookies that are usually harmless alone. I installed that SuperAntiSpyWare program and did the quick scan and it found 293 malware on my system and I'm constantly cleaning my system with another anti-malware program. I deleted them all. I have always had Malwarebytes installed as it usually fixes those really nasty malwares that take over your system until you send them a credit card payment of $49.95. They then have your credit card information too so that's not the solution.

Have you tried renaming or deleting your fsx.cfg, restarting FSX and letting it rebuild? That fixes problems a lot of times. You could be putting too many system resources on FSX and, when you load an aircraft that uses a lot of resources, the PMDG 737 NGX, FSX could be having problems calling up enough resources to run the application properly. It then hangs until you get out of the program and restart it. When you restart it, a lot of information has already been collected in a cache and that's why it starts up okay the second time. In your virtual memory (page file) settings, make sure it is set to 'System Managed Size' as FSX seems to run better with that setting. A lot of people try their own settings (including me) and run into issues.

If this doesn't fix the problem, I would uninstall the PMDG 737, download the latest software with all versions included, then reinstall. I found a similar problem over at the PMDG forum and they recommended the individual open up a support ticket - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365427-apphangb1-after-simulator-freezes-ngx-sp1c/.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, I really appreciate your time and feedback. I have deleted the fsx.cfg a while back in hopes to solve the issue with no luck. I have just switched my solid state drive to System Managed Size so hopefully that will do the trick! I had opened up a ticket with pmdg and have reinstalled the aircraft as instructed with no luck on that end.

Thanks again!

Aaron

Him Jim,

Still running into the same problem. I am noticing more now that when fsx freezes, I just let it be and it comes back to life after about a minute.

Any ideas on that? I was just departing KMDW in the NGX this morning and it froze on the GSX pushback. I did as I have been doing lately and it recovered and kept pushing back.

Regards,

Aaron

Guest firehawk44

Try a system scan for corrupted files - http://www.sevenforu...le-checker.html.

What is strange is the fact FSX works properly after the APPHANG. Did you ever try a system restore back to a time before this problem started occurring? It could have been a Windows Update that was not installed properly.

Have you tried uninstalling GSX then seeing if the problem still occurs? Or EZDOK? For sceneries, you can investigate the problem by going into the Scenery Library and disabling ALL addon scenery (uncheck the boxes down to Propeller Objects), run FSX and see if that fixed the problem. If it did then you can start enabling each addon scenery one by one until the problem occurs again.

Best regards,

Jim

I went ahead and did a system scan as you instructed Jim and no corruptions were found. I haven't tried investigating the sceneries or ezdok but I will start with gsx and ezdok first.

Thanks!