Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Please help desperate.

Today I am getting error :

" Scenery read error. Attempting to open nonexistent directory. click ok to continue."

I have been spending the last 4 days re installing my FS9 from scratch, I don't know what happened, but I am desperate now.

Please help

Regards

Did you delete your old FS9.cfg file before you started your reinstall? It sounds like FS9 is coming to a line in your FS9.cfg file that lists a scenery you haven't got installed. It's not really a major issue, Flight Simulator still starts right?

If, for some reason you don't want to delete your FS9.cfg file, (why would you do a complete reinstall without deleting your cfg file?) you'll want to figure out which scenery is missing in order to determine whether or not you want to reinstall it..

Hi there, Thank you very much for getting back to me, while I waiting for an answer , I tried to restore to an earlier point, of the day, and now all is working fine.

However, what you said, will help me a lot in the future, at least I know what it means .

because, FS9 was continuing after this message. so you are 100% correct, oh well now it's working

Thanks a million

Best regards

Hani

It was my pleasure, Hani. Good luck with your rebuild! (If this was any help could you please click on the green up arrow in the bottom right hand corner of my first post/response here. I'm not the favorite of the site owner here, and it might go a long way.

Thanks, and best regards,