Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mitchell

Library objects (lego bricks)

Probably simple but i'm stumped.

I've got the apt.dat file into World Editor 1.2.0.1 however can't find the lego bricks. If i click on objects on the pane on the left and then click on the airport, it places a question mark and nothing else. Do I need to download the library objects from some where and place them into WED?

Any help appreciated.

Hey Sean,

When you get a question mark, that means that WED cannot find the physical 3D object file. The browser on the left side of the WED window is atrocious, filled with all sorts of leftover junk during X-Plane and WED development and we are fully aware of it. We have drawn up some specifications for making this browser much cleaner, but for now I seriously apologize. We have a pretty robust feature list for WED we want to implement by the end of the year so there's still improvments to come.

OK, regarding the lego bricks....you do not need to download them, they are included with X-Plane and any new pieces I make will be automatically distributed to users via the X-Plane updater process....so you're ready to go. WED simply "reads the objects" from the X-Plane installation.

The airport lego brick pieces you are looking for are found in the following "path" in the WED browser:

lib > airport > ?

The entire library of airport lego bricks will be found in that path so you can explore around there. Since the last release, I've added dozens of new pieces to allow a bit more variety and versatility. I'm doing KATL using only library objects as a demonstration of how much you can get done with the library only and if I can get that out with the 10.10 update, then you'll have some new pieces to work with. Shoot some screenshots of your work if you get some results you're happy with..we are very interested in how casual users will fare with it

Tom Kyler

Laminar / IXEG

www.ixeg.net

Thanks for your quick reply Tom. Working all this weekend but just had a very quick go and it works really well. Once I've had some time to do it properly I'll post the screenshots. Expect some more questions before then though! Thanks again

Sean

Had a question on the Lego Blocks, as I think I used some openscenery items in my creation. Openscenery populated airports won't be allowed to populate ....correct?