Sign in to follow this  
dskviator

Carenado on XP10

I was thinking of getting the Piper Seneca, although I love the default Beeches themselves, but all Carenado acft come with that glaring warning about XP10 (which I appreciate the developer for). I was wondering what "new features" are they talking about. As long as flight controls and Radios Comm and Nav work I will be more than happy.

Would anybody using any Carenado acft confirm if they see anything adverse in XP10? What would you recommend, buy or wait it out?

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

I bought that very plane just last week and it works nicely in XP10. It sounds terrific!

The major difference is that it doesnt take advantage of the the lighting effects (i.e. HDR) in X-Plane 10. You'll find cockpit illumiation works best with HDR turned off.

The radios work, but they also work whether turned on or off, (expecially the Com radio, and that Transponder "TCAS alert"). It's a minor issue, you'll only notice it when doing cold startups & shutdowns. It's a bug, but remember in XP9 we didn't have AI aircraft or a useful ATC.

There's one other issue. If you have another aircraft that utilises the "Gizmo" plugin (such as the CRJ 200), then more likely you'll find yourself loading up the plane to a wall of "sparkling noise". Simple remedy is to remove Gizmo from your plugins folder. The Seneca uses a plugin called SASL, and the author says that the problem experienced is for Mr Gizmo to fix.

Thank you very much for the insight anthony_d. ATC/AI is cool with me as I only use it for online flight, but the Gizmo plugin is definitely something I will watch out for.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead