Sign in to follow this  
MaorC

Problems with engine start .

Hello ,

I started study the 747-400X , and today wanted to make a flight ELLX-LOWW .

when i tried to make the engines start running ( i am working by checklist ) and the N2 of engine 4 is stuck on 31% , here is an image :

2012530162033677.png

btw i used autostart so the fuel control was open before the start selector , and when i saw that isnt working so i tried no - autostart also .

Someone is know what is the problem ?

Thank you ,

Maor .

The 747 should be able to spin two engines at once, but it is still possible that with one pack on, you don't have enough bleed pressure.

When starting the engines either turn all packs off or packs 1 and 3 off, then start engines 4+3 together and then 2+1 together or individually, starting with 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 or the reverse, also keep continuous ignition switched off until all engines have been started.

Next time you start the engines, make sure that "ENG fire protection system" is not armed.