Hey guys,

A few months back I got a saitek yoke and throttle set. I installed and flew for these few months flawlessly. About a month ago i reformatted the hard drive due to it being full of excess files and such and was just looking for a fresh start. Everything went great with the reformatt. Reinstalled fsx set it all up great then i went to install the yoke. I putthe CD in and did not plug the controller in untill it told me to. It installed and did the reboot as suggested, the axis config popped up everything was great axis were smooth and functioning. I opened fsx started a flight fsx was running like a dream, plane was screaming down the runway and i pulled back on the yoke, as soon as i touched the yoke it worked but....fsx started lagging, the view changed, the sound started skipping and making a terrible noise. Once i let off the yoke it went back to normal. Pulled the yoke again same thing. It went as far as even if i was wiggling the mouse the cursor was smooth but as soon as i move the yoke the cursor started skipping accross the screen. I went back into the axis config for it under properties and while moving the yoke the little + sign in the box was jumpy and skippy in the box. I have reformatted again did the same thing - reinstalled the drivers countless times cleaned the registry even and i still cant figure it out.

Any ideas or help as saitek support is almost hopeless thanks

Ill add as well i have tryed different usb hubs also

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Hi mate, I signed up from being a lurker to help with an answer. Have you tried just plugging the yoke in without the drivers ? It dosnt really need them in my experience. The other thing I found is that it needs to be in a "main" USB socket nor a shared one. I had similar issues with mine and a change if USB socket solved it for me ! Good luck with it

Nick

My experience with Saitek is just use the windows drivers and register FSUIPC to set up your yoke.

Also, go into fsx controls settings and make sure the axis and button assignments both in normal and slew mode, are set the way you want them. When fsx sees a new joystick it will apply default assignments, often these are all wrong for your particular stick. That little "mode" switch on the yoke is a prime candidate.

scott s.