Sign in to follow this  
LegendXZero1

PTT program for skype or any other program!

If anyone is interested in hearing that transmit sound when calling out to ATC on FSX. I found a great program. The developer has not added support for joystick buttons but works good in Vista. http://www.pushtotalk.nu/2011/02/ptt-for-windows-7-skype-msn.html I think its quite interesting because you can hear that tone or even customize it to your liking for skype or any other voice program. Enjoy!

As someone who just finished a flight where I talked to Potomac Approach for an hour...what "transmit sound" are you talking about? At the most, the only change is a decrease in background noise because the system just chopped all of the other people with headsets out of the mix.

Kyle Rodgers

[media=]

[/media]

Those click sounds on transmit and call end. I'm sure you heard them. Either way, I just put it up in case anyone cared or if I lost the link myself. Going to be gone for a few days.

I see what you're looking at now. That's what I was alluding to (albeit, not very clearly). I was afraid you were thinking the frequency actually sounds vastly different, like you occasionally hear on VATSIM with an almost *splat*-like sound at the beginning of transmissions.

Kyle Rodgers