Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Shift+ Windows

Hi Everyone,

I recently changed from a Nvidia 460 to a GTX580. The card works fine with the exception that none of my "shift + windows", work anymore. When I try to pop up one of these windows I see the "frame", of the window for a split second, and then disappears.

I have tried from the 275 to 301 series drivers using a clean install each time. The result is always the same. I have also tried these drivers combined with different versions and setting in Nvidia inspector. Same results except that with the 301.** series I get stutters and pauses and FSX shut down.

This is a problem I have never seen, nor heard of.

I am no guru. Any help or suggestion on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Robin

Guest firehawk44

The card works fine with the exception that none of my "shift + windows", work anymore.

What are you trying to open? What is shift + windows? I know the shift key but where is the windows key? Whatever you are trying to bring up, you should look in the Controls on the Settings page when you first start up FSX. Perhaps it got corrupted or reassigned accidentally. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, I think he is referring to popup windows that get triggered by shift+2, shift+3, etc

Bert

Thanks Bert, you are correct.

I am pleased to inform everyone that the problem has been resolved. i am still not sure what caused the problem, but i un installed the drivers using 'program and features'. then did a system search for 'Nvidia', and deleted every file associated to same. i also deleted 'inspector'. I then reinstalled drivers and inspector. Everything now works fine.

Thanks.

Robin