Sign in to follow this  
Deighvid2011

FMC Arrival programming problem

I have not found anything in regards to my problem so I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions prior to me having to uninstall and reinstall my NGX.

When programming in an arrival and I will use the following as my last flight done, KOMA to KMDW: Flight Plan is

"DSM BDF MOTIF4" I departed on RWY 36 KOMA and landed on 4R KMDW. RTE page entered DIRECT ---- DSM,

DIRECT --- BDF. Made no differece whether I Activated/Executed at this point. Then DEP/ARR page, DEP selected RWY 36 then made no difference If I selected a SID CATTL1 or BLUFS1 no transition offered. Then in ARR page selected ILS 4R (again made no difference whether I selected the BANER Rwy transition or not. Then selected MOTIF4 ARR, and the first transition offered is BDF, which I selected, but FMC responded "Not in database". (Obviously it is in the database due to inputting BDF in the RTE page. Never-the-less, activated/executed at this point and Legs page showed DSM then BDF then "Discontinuity" and blocks for an entry, which should have been the MOTIF waypoint, with the restrictions as per the approach plate the remainder of the approach is correct MINOK then JOT, to rwy. Opinions from other users state they get the MOTIF waypoint but I do not. I entered it manually with no problems but seems like since this is the first point on the arrival, and has important VNPI, it should be loaded and not have to be entered manually. A sidenote, I had several flights with the same issue, the first waypoint of the arrival does not show up, rather it shows up as a discontinuity. I have no other problems with my PMDG NGX and would hope it is a problem of "operator error" not needing a complete uninstall and reinstall. Also note that AIRAC 1206 is current and installed. Thanks for any suggestions. I tried to be brief but detailed enough to see if anyone could duplicate the issue. Thanks in advance.

David Rushing

Jackson, MS

Same problem i had with that STAR and some others in KBWI and KTPA. Just check the chart and put the missing waypoint.I think it's a problem with 1206 AIRAC.

I sure hope you are right. Seems that more would be heard if the AIRAC had a problem.

David

A few of the STARS in 1208 have missing waypoints and discos.I know that because a lot of the STARS I have flown many times prior to 1206. One that comes to mind right now is RIVIR2 with a HEC transition into 24L at KLAX and a RIVIR transition to 24L. There are two discos and a missing waypoint in this sequence which appeared with 1206. This not only effects the NGX but the MD-11 also.

Michael Cubine

I've had some of the same problems lately, with arrivals into SJC in SAN. It is a problem with the navdata, cycle 1206. I haven't cared enough to try and fix it, as it isn't hard to just manually input the missing waypoints.