Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

EFB including Australian material?

I have just had a look at FSKneeboard2 (no affiliation whatsoever!) and it seems very impressive for the price. It makes me want to buy the Ipad2.

It doesn't contain Australian or Asian charts. I was wondering are there any other EFBs for Ipad on the market?

Or can you add Australian and other region charts?

Hi Daniel -

The Austrialian (And every other country in the world) charts are protected by copyright laws which is why you won't find them free in most apps. Australia was one of the countries I contacted early on in hopes of including charts and was greeted with a rather high licensing fee. Far too high for flight simmers.

That being said, take a look at OZ Runways. I believe it is the only app available that has the AU charts, however you're looking at paying at least 90 dollars for a subscription. (Jepps app has them I'm sure though)

http://itunes.apple....d404403989?mt=8

As I'm sure you have read, you can import PDF and image files from the internet into FS Kneeboard 2 and have them display as seamlessly as the US terminal procedures. In fact I have developed an awesome collection of charts in my Dropbox from around Europe that I use on my many British Airways flights.

Here's a vid that talks about it:

Noah Bryant

Hi Daniel -

The Austrialian (And every other country in the world) charts are protected by copyright laws which is why you won't find them free in most apps. Australia was one of the countries I contacted early on in hopes of including charts and was greeted with a rather high licensing fee. Far too high for flight simmers.

That being said, take a look at OZ Runways. I believe it is the only app available that has the AU charts, however you're looking at paying at least 90 dollars for a subscription. (Jepps app has them I'm sure though)

http://itunes.apple....d404403989?mt=8

As I'm sure you have read, you can import PDF and image files from the internet into FS Kneeboard 2 and have them display as seamlessly as the US terminal procedures. In fact I have developed an awesome collection of charts in my Dropbox from around Europe that I use on my many British Airways flights.

Noah, I must say, WOW! Thanks for the great reply.

Now just have to transfer the PDFs....sounds like you made a great app!

In your dropbox you can arrange files to each region/country I assume? [edit] I suppose the video answers this question. But I haven't watched it yet.

I'm off to investigate and watch this video.

Again, many thanks!

Actually the video doesn't answer that question...or if it does, it's outdated. After FSK2 was released I added the ability to support sub-folders (the video was made pre-release).

So yes - this is what my FSK2 folder looks like in Dropbox:

It works awesome!

Noah Bryant

Thanks Noah well that answers my question!!!

I am really looking forward to buying an Ipad now!

I love my Iphone. I love the Apple products, they aren't popular for no reason....