Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Improving voice recognition with RC4

Just did my first full flight with MCE today and I have to say its a really, really impressive and I hope that the program will continue to evolve and improve as its such a good and fun tool.

I'm flying the NGX and downloaded the updated scripts and flows and it worked really well. There were a few moments where the speech recognition didn't quite work out as well as i'd hoped, for example the copilot didn't understand the British way I say "Auto" (like Or-Toe) so I had to say it like an american (Otto) for him to register haha. And setting some of the Al**udes on the MCP he got a bit confused but it could just be down to my inexperience of using the program (or my accent?) On the whole it worked really well.

I was also using it with Radar Contact and this didn't quite work as well. It really struggled to understand my readbacks, and eventually I just had to keep saying "Roger Skyways 862" for pretty much every readback for it it to confirm.... Is there a way to improve the recognition with RC4. I've done the speech tutorials a couple of times.

When it did work out though it was such an awesome experience.

Thanks for the support and a great program.

Also, I thought I read that MCE now has full control of AES using the voice as well. I tried it but couldn't get it to work...How would I contact ground to request catering or cleaning for example?

Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

I also have to say 'Roger' at the beginning of every confirmation, and have to say 'with you' at the end of every new ATC switch over. Other than that, a great program!