Sign in to follow this  
MichaelSchwartz

FS2004 CTD Issue

Unfortunately I started having this odd issue with FS2004(note: I just started using fs9 a few days ago for the first time on this pc). I normally run FSX and this has never been a problem. I will start up FS2004 and everything will go fine. All of the sudden the panel on my aircraft will go away, a few seconds later the whole screen goes black. After another few seconds everything re-appears including FS2004. Then after this short display FS2004 crashes and I get a popup saying: "Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered".

I obviously run more intensive situations on FSX with payware aircraft and scenery yet this has not happened. That then leads me to rule out a performance issue? I really have no idea what the issue is so I'm hoping someone may be able to help. Thanks!

Don't laugh as these specs are sad but for some reason it can handle FSX fairly well.

Laptop Specs:

Dell Pentium Dual-Core CPU || T4500 @ 2.30GHz || 4.00GB RAM || Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. 0 || Windows 7 64-bit

Kind Regards,

Michael

errr... what's your GPU again? It may be overheating. Or try various drivers suit for your VGA

I apologize for my lack of computer knowledge. GPU would be graphics card, yes? In that case it's the Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

I looked for an updated driver on the intel website but none work as they aren't compatible none were listed to work with my Pentium dual core...

Problem is I never have this issue when I use FSX so I'm absolutely lost.

I do have one guess though. I have just started using the qw Avro (amazing aircraft). Because it was just recently released there are some bugs and some memory leaks have been confirmed that are said to overdrive your CPU or something like that...so maybe that is the problem?

Kind Regards,

Michael

I apologize for my lack of computer knowledge. GPU would be graphics card, yes? In that case it's the Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

I looked for an updated driver on the intel website but none work as they aren't compatible none were listed to work with my Pentium dual core...

I do have one guess though. I have just started using the qw Avro (amazing aircraft). Because it was just recently released there are some bugs and some memory leaks have been confirmed that are said to overdrive your CPU or something like that...so maybe that is the problem?

Kind Regards,

Michael

Please also excuse my lack of tech expertise as well, but the description of your 'graphics card' (I believe i am correct in saying this )is that it is not a card at all ,but sounds like on-board graphics chip-set.

Now again I cant swear to this ,but I believe on-board graphics chips are not as good as dedicated graphics cards as produced by the likes of Nvidea etc. This may explain the problem you are having with FS9 ,but you say FSX is ok so a bit mysterious to me.

Anyways some thoughts

I expect the more techno boffinacious amongst our community will chip in to help you out.

Andy

My apologies I see you are using a laptop ,so I am not to sure if my previous post has relevance at all.

cheers

Andy

Kind Regards,

Michael

You could try FS9 with some other aircraft (leave the Avro for the time being) and see if the problem still occurs.

A.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

The last two replies above suggest that the possible causes are narrowed down, I would focus on the Graphic Card