Sign in to follow this  
mjleprix1

Problems with windowed Mode using dual monitors

I am trying to set up Flight to work in Windowed Mode so that I can run flight on my main monitor and use Gplan on the second monitor.Similar to my FSX set up which works fine. I am using Windows 8 RP x64 and to date everything has been excellent. I have the Full screen option unchecked in Flight options and windowed mode works OK with just one monitor but when set up with two it starts momentarily in windowed mode before reverting to full screen and overlapping both monitors. I have a Nvidia 9800 GTX + and as I say it has no problem with the same set up in FSX. I have read before of this set up in Flight being used successfully and would be delighted to receive any gems of wisdom to get me out of this dilemma.

Well, here it works ..

Windows XP Professional SP3

NVidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (Asus)

NVidia driver v296.10

Main monitor: 1920 x 1080

Second monitor: 1280 x 1024

The position of the second monitor on the common virtual desktop is to the left of the first main monitor.

Because of that, the horizontal coordinates of the second monitor on the desktop are negative.

I have noticed, that a few other applications got confused, when the second monitor was on the right side.

These applications seem to ignore the second monitor, when its on the left (because of negative coordinates).

Thanks for that, I'll try it on the left but It works for me also on XP. I wanted to try FSX and Flight on a 64bit system, so I used windows 8 as a trial with success on all fronts except for Flight in the situation I have tried to discribe.

Not sure its a driver problem otherwise the same thing would happen with FSX under the same circumstances. I'm more inclined its a problem within flight. But I'm sure that someone out there has had success with this problem with windows 7 which should work for windows eight. I just can't trace where I saw it. Probably someone on the original Beta tester forum

I seemed to have sorted this by chance. If you open Flight on the second monitor rather than the main, for some unexplainable reason it can be played in windows mode on the main monitor whilst running something like Plan- g on the other, and if you use the max_win_ F11 exe you can convert windowed into full screen without it messing up your second monitor. Result!!!!

I seemed to have sorted this by chance. If you open Flight on the second monitor rather than the main, for some unexplainable reason it can be played in windows mode on the main monitor whilst running something like Plan- g on the other, and if you use the max_win_ F11 exe you can convert windowed into full screen without it messing up your second monitor. Result!!!!

Wait... what?