Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathan3219

Strange JS4100 Crash Leading to Continuous CTD's

So, I've been having strange CTD's once I begin to taxi, which has been a frustration, because I can barely even get off the ground! Now here's the details.

It starts out on an Air Hauler flight in Japan. I loaded my JS4100 via AirHauler to do a small regional cargo flight, and everything went well until I had my engines started. Once my engines started and I pushed back, I began to turn onto the taxiway to taxi to the runway, and FSX froze. CPU usage went to 0%, and my RAM stood at a steady 55%. I tried this a few more times, but the exact same thing kept happening. I gave up and figured it was something wrong with the airport or the plane, and moved on.

Later, I figured I would do a heavy flight from Incheon to Ignatyevo in my PMDG MD-11. Same problem... FSX crashes as soon as I start taxiing for a runway. Desperate for rep on AirHauler, I attempted to do this flight 8 times in my MD-11, but all of 8 times the crash happened during taxi. I thought it may be a problem inside AirHauler, so I tried doing this flight with AirHauler closed. I loaded FSX without AirHauler in the default C-172, turned all systems off, switched to the MD-11 and selected the MD-11 Long Ground Turn Panel State. I did the cold and dark procedures, started engines, pushed back (this time at Seoul/Domestic instead of Seoul/Incheon) and I had the same CTD problem. By now I was starting to suspect that it must be the whole Japanese/Korean area.

Now here's where I finally get into the air. I figured I would fly from Singapore Changi to Indira Gandhi Intl in Delhi, so I set up FSX using the default C-172, all systems off, panel state method and get my plane all started up and ready for taxi. I taxi to the runway, get cleared, and finally get into the air. Smooth sailing for five hours, and then I start my decent for New Delhi. I complete the ILS approach, and land. Now it happens again. As soon as I turn off the runway onto the taxiway, FSX does the same strange CTD I described before.

This only started happening two days ago on the Air Hauler flight in Japan, and I haven't installed anything new.

One other question. If I let FSX create a new fsx.cfg file, will I have to reinstall my PMDG addons?

Anybody have any ideas?

My regards,

Nathan3219

Guest firehawk44

One other question. If I let FSX create a new fsx.cfg file, will I have to reinstall my PMDG addons?

Creating a new fsx.cfg will not result in reinstalling any of your PMDG addons but you will have to "trust" them again when you first start up FSX and when you select a PMDG aircraft. If FSX is freezing (not crashing), then it is most likely a memory issue. Make sure you have your virual memory setting (page file) set to 'System Managed Size' and see if that helps. You should also lower a few settings. Your system cannot handle all the resources being thrown at it.

Best regards,

Jim