Sign in to follow this  
juanvito

AI parking question

Hi guys, I have an annoyance that is bugging me. I'm seeing AI flights departing from/arriving to ramps, while planes that aren't due to departs for hours (or even days) take up gate spots. Is it possible to make it so that, when an airport enters my reality bubble, the gates are reserved for incoming flights and planes due to depart soon (subject to gate size, parking codes, etc...)? Thanks in advance for any help.

That depends a lot on your ai program.

UT2 is programmed this way so that stale aircraft don't hang around forever. I'm not sure how the other payware programs handle it. If you're using WOAI this is most likely a limitation by FSX itself because the FSX ai engine is running that - as opposed to UT2 running through simconnect.

Anthony Cacciatore

Yes, but it is essentially an all or nothing proposition, and it depends upon how the person who created the AI set it up. One of the values is a percentage of AI value and if the designer of the flight plans set it at 75%, and you are flying FSX at 70% of AI, then his AI flights will be disabled -- but that means all of the flights he created as disabled! So, that's what I meant by the all or nothing part of it.

Ultimately, AI is generated in FSX until one of two conditions are met:

1. There are no more AI flightplans to fly.

2. There are no more open parking spots at the destination and/or origin airport.

Ken

After reading a bit and trying out the demo I'm getting interested in UT2. A few questions:

- I have created flight plans for my virtual airline using AIFP2, can I do them for UT, with the same models (I used AI aardvark, TFS... the usual AI planes)?

- I like to fly real routes, which can be duplicated in the AI flight plan. Any way to avoid this happening?

- Does FSX ATC recognize all the callsigns (or at least those added via editvoicepack)?

Again, thanks for any help