Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi All,

I haven't used FSX much in the last two years and am now just getting back into it.

I'm running an Intel I7 860 OC to 3.6 Ghz and an EVGA 250 GTS. My monitor is a 27"

running 1920 x 1200.

Knowing that FSX is processor intensive would upgrading my graphics card to a 560Ti do anything for me?

Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes! You would see an increase in FPS, as well as allow yourself the ability to increase graphical settings, should you so desire.

Yes, it should give you advantages in both geometrical performance and IQ (looks).

Yes it will!

We are kind of having the same system. I also use 1920x1200 and I'm also sitting on a Lynnfield i7 860 (mine is OCd to 3.8) and I used to have a 8800GTS. Your 250 GTS is basically the same card with slightly higher clocks.

I upgraded to a GTX470 and saw a good improvement even without upping the AA with Inspector. And there is a huge difference if you do.

Thanks for the responses. Now for the second part. Convincing my awesome wife I need a new graphics card.

Coould be as hard as convincing mine that I need an upgrade as well. Best of luck. :-)

Just bought her (us) a house and promised to build her a pantry. That's my strategy. I hope it will work...